Has Your Trans Child Just Come Out?
Our parent guide can help.
If your child just came out as transgender, it’s a huge change in your family. We are parents too and want to help you through this crossroads to a hopeful path for your family.
This 5-part guide series can help build understanding, offer guidance of the many new situations ahead, provide factual information and tips for how to keep your family strong, answer tough questions, and point to resources you need during this time.
- If you prefer to read transgender information online instead of by email, it is available here. We also have a book for parents of trans.
- Is your child gay, lesbian, bisexual or queer? There is a guide for parents of LGBQ available both online and downloadable via email.
- Coming out yourself? We have a resource for can be helpful, both online and via email.
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED
Coming out is challenging for all involved - but through open and honest conversations, families can become even stronger than before.
Download a FREE PDF guide for parents of transgender here:
Saving Lives, Preserving Families.
Strong Family Alliance is an organization with a simple mission – to save lives and preserve families by supporting parents of children coming out.
We give parents accurate information, insights on this challenging time for them and their child, ways to keep their child safe and healthy, and encouragement to lead with love and solve problems later.
- Address the basic fears and conflicts for parents when a child comes out
- Provide accurate information about sexual orientation and gender identity
- Offer guidance on how to “do no harm” and keep their child safe
- Focus on answering common initial questions
- Have an empathetic, informative approach
- Link to other positive resources for ongoing support
Complete this form to receive our free PDF guide in your inbox
Over the next few weeks, we’ll send you our guide in
five parts that will help you in your journey.