If you are coming out, or thinking about it, you may be wondering what steps to take. Our guide is filled with how to plan and have the conversation, responses depending on how people react, and resources for both you and your parents.
We have provided this to thousands of other LGBTQ individuals. We hope you find it helpful.
- If you prefer to read the information online instead of by email, it is available here.
- We have help for your parents too. There is a guide for parents of LGBQ available both online and downloadable via email.
- There is also a guide for parents of transgender available online, downloadable via email, and via a paperback book on Amazon.
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED
Download a FREE coming out guide PDF here:
Saving Lives, Preserving Families.
Strong Family Alliance is an organization with a simple mission – to save lives and preserve families by supporting parents of children coming out.
We give parents accurate information, insights on this challenging time for them and their child, ways to keep their child safe and healthy, and encouragement to lead with love and solve problems later.
- Address the basic fears and conflicts for parents when a child comes out
- Provide accurate information about sexual orientation and gender identity
- Offer guidance on how to “do no harm” and keep their child safe
- Focus on answering common initial questions
- Have an empathetic, informative approach
- Link to other positive resources for ongoing support