Terms & Conditions
This discussion forum is provided by, maintained and managed by Strong Family Alliance (SFA) as a place for parents to support each other. It is intended for discussion relevant to parents whose children have come out as LGBTQ. Messages should be informative, educational, supportive and respectful.
By registering and participating in SFA Forums, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
SFA reserves the right to remove messages, block users after a warning and update policy without notice. The following posts and/or replies are subject to removal and the responsible user(s) being blocked from the discussion board: inflammatory; derogatory; slanderous; hateful; threatening; controversial; off-topic; profanity; posting another user’s e-mail address (without that person’s permission); personal attacks/harassment; boycott campaigns.
By respecting the following rules, you will create an environment which is always welcoming and open to all users of this board.
- Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness.
- This forum is here to serve a purpose, namely, support. Support is a broad word and sometimes crosses some of the specific rules stated. Determinations whether posts that appear to skirt some of the rules may stay on the forum are those of the moderators/administrators.
- Remember that these forums may be read by people of all ages so we strive to maintain postings appropriate to everyone.
- Topics started by one person should be kept on track; if you have something that deviates from the main topic, please start another topic.
- There is to be no open forum flaming of another member. No one will post demeaning or offensive comments to one another or administrators on the open forum or they will be removed.
- The webmaster, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit, and without asking the permission of the original poster, neither do they have to give a reason for editing or closing the post/thread/topic in question.
Posts including the following are prohibited:
- Abusive, obscene, vulgar, or sexually explicit material, or anything that may violate any applicable rules or laws.
- Commercial posting by, or on behalf of, anyone with any sort of financial interest in that product or service.
- Solicitations to participate in research by either commercial or non-profit entities
- Copyrighted material
Disclaimer: Strong Family Alliance, its affiliated groups, and the operators of this forum are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by any postings on this site. This forum should not be relied on as a source of medical or psychological advice. What works for one individual may not work for anyone else. Always check with your health provider about specific medical or psychological questions.
If you need assistance on the forum or have questions please direct them to email@example.com