If you are a parent whose child just came out, you may be struggling or wondering how to respond. We are parents too and want to help you through this crossroads and find a hopeful path for your family.
This five part guide series will give you the support, information and resources you need during this time.
Saving Lives, Preserving Families.
Strong Family Alliance is an organization with a simple mission – to save lives and preserve families by supporting parents of children coming out.
We give parents accurate information, insights on this challenging time for them and their child, ways to keep their child safe and healthy, and encouragement to lead with love and solve problems later.
- Address the basic fears and conflicts for parents when a child comes out
- Provide accurate information about sexual orientation and gender identity
- Offer guidance on how to “do no harm” and keep their child safe
- Focus on answering common initial questions
- Have an empathetic, informative approach
- Link to other positive resources for ongoing support